China Nonferrous Metals News
Aladdiny Consultancy has updated information about the progress of new primary aluminium projects in China including:
1. Yunnan Shenhuo. A 900 ktpy capacity quota is in place under the capacity replacement scheme. Phase I of 150 ktpy came online on 22nd February with some output generated on 11th March 2020. It is expected to reach full capacity operation in May. Boosted by rising aluminium prices, Phase II is scheduled to come online after May 2020.
2. Yunnan Heqing Yixin. With a total capacity quota of 420 ktpy, Phase I (210 ktpy) came online in 2019; 110 ktpy of Phase II (210 ktpy) was powered up on 6th February 2020 with the remaining 100 ktpy comprising 80 electrolytic cells under construction.
3. Guangyuan Linfeng. A 250 ktpy capacity quota is in place under the capacity replacement scheme. Phase I (125 ktpy) came online on 29th November 2019 and reached full operation in January 2020. Phase II (125 ktpy) is set to come online in May 2020.
4. Yunnan Wenshan Aluminium. With a 500 ktpy capacity quota in place, construction of 62 sets of electrolytic cells was completed on 24th April and is expected to be powered up in May 2020.
5. Yunnan Qiya. With a 350 ktpy capacity quota, project construction is currently underway, some capacity is expected to come online by end-2020.
6. Yunnan Hongtai New Materials. With a 2.03 mtpy capacity quota, phase I is scheduled to be powered up in August 2020.
7. IM Baiyinhua. With a 462.5 ktpy capacity quota in place, project construction resumed on 30th March 2020. Construction of ten upper cells is expected to be completed by end-May and all upper cell constructions are to be completed by end-August. Aladdiny analysts believe the project is likely to come online in 2021, unless domestic aluminium prices rise rapidly in H2 2020.